Sunday, November 24, 2013

Google Middle Earth (Fluff Post)

This is possibly the coolest thing ever.

You can Google Middle Earth

This is obviously for the promotion of the new movie but nonetheless, it's literally fantastic. 
Besides, from the writer end of it, if you can imagine your book will EVER be turned into a movie, wouldn't you want that movie to then become so popular that your fans can "Street view" that ish? I'm the first to admit that I covet other author's careers. While I don't, in any way, aspire to be Tolkien, I have to give props. Everyone does. Everyone. Even you, over there in the corner.

When I saw this, I thought to myself, "One day, you'll be able to Google Mithrinar!" I got overly excited at the thought.

I also realize I have to actually write a novel for the novel to be turned into a movie. Ain't that some ol' bullshit?

2 comments:

  1. I just finished watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey over the weekend (I know, I'm slow), so this is definitely cool, I'll have to check it out. You're not alone in coveting other authors' successes. I would love to see any of my books turned into movies, especially if someone like Peter Jackson was in charge! (One could dream, right?) Good luck on your novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen either of the movies but I am going to watch the first so I can see the second in theaters and know what's happening. (We are both slow!).
      Thank you!

      And let's keep dreaming together!

      Delete